To Accomplish These GoalsEsperanza En Escalante receives funding from several sources:
- US Government: EEE has per-diem grants with the US Department of Veterans Affairs covering some of our honored veterans. Veterans also contribute up to 30% of their external income towards the equivalent of paying monthly rent.
- State Government: Arizona Department of Housing
- Local Government: EEE has received various Pima County and City of Tucson Community Development and Community Services Block Grants
- Churches/NGOs: EEE receives ongoing financial and volunteer support from the Saguaro Christian Church Outreach Program (Disciples of Christ)
- Private: HUNDREDS of private companies, veteran associations and individuals throughout Southern Arizona have donated cash, materials and time to build the Transitional Housing for Veterans as well as, provide assistance in a myriad of ways. Companies such as Home Depot and organizations like the Arizona Builder’s Alliance and Rebuilding Together all support and honor those who served.
Through these organizations, private individuals and the diligent work of the staff of Esperanza En Escalante, our honored veterans are relieved of the many stresses contributing to homelessness and guided to a life deserving of the sacrifices they made.