Support Our Veterans
One of the more comprehensive programs for homeless veterans in Tucson Arizona, EEE provides both men and woman veterans with safe, secure transitional housing for up to two years.
Esperanza En Escalante offers to each veteran a wide array of supportive services that can help them find employment, schooling and permanent housing so that they will be able to lead productive, self-sufficient lives.
If you are a veteran or you know of a veteran that is homeless or is at risk of becoming homeless, help them to connect with a local VA Center.
The VA has established a 24 hour toll free National Call Center for Homeless Veterans at 877-4AID-VET or 877-424-3838 along with a connection through their website. Trained responders, many of them Veterans themselves, are available to provide support.
Facts About Homeless Veterans
- 50,000 veterans are homeless on any given night
- 10% of the homeless veterans are women
- 23% of the homeless population are veterans
- 25% have used homeless services
- 33% of the male homeless population is made up of veterans
- 46% are age 45 or older, compared to 20% of non-veteran homeless citizens
- 47% are veterans from the Vietnam Era
- 76% experience substance abuse, mental and physical health problems
- 85% completed high school/GED, compared to 56% of non-veteran homeless